DARLIE vs DERLA !!

If We Can't Fight Them, We Follow Them..!! #DamnItsTrue.. Ok this is totally not an advertorial post.. But #WTF with this product.. I found some time few months back in a small shop around some where here..

Look at these two 'looks alike' tooth paste. First time I see it I just smile and.. damn #LOL. I'm trying to figure out 'What the *fact* is this copy cat brand trying to do..?' They wanna confused consumer to buy that blue brand named DERLA..!! I believes that DARLIE is a well known brand and that DERLA is never heard & never seen before.. Do you..?

Hey this is NOT Photoshop-ed or edited just to mentioned (I have the original pic). This is a real copy cat product and it was selling next to the original brand, side by side..

Ok lets take a closer look what's wrong with it:
  • The brand name is 'looks a like' in spelling & design style. Which is wrong in branding copyrights.
  • The famous 'black & white man' logo is similar with background oval white.. they just removes the 'shining white effect' at the hat and hey, they gives a 'thumbs up'.. lol
  • The bottom teeth graphic is also looks similar..
  • What else.. the overall packaging design confusing buyers of course..
The inside product I'm not really sure, but I guess it looks like the box, don't you think so..? Well I just snap the photo, not buying either one.. but yes it confused me once ☺
Ok probably the DERLA is supposed to be compared with the ori DARLIE Whitening tooth paste, the same blue & silver package and not this green & yellow pack.. but the original Darlie Whitening tooth paste, blue & silver (if I'm not mistaken) was not available at that time.. so I compared with that. Either the shop owner aware of this - to sell the normal Double Action DARLI together with the 'fake whitening' DERLA to make buyers confuse, OR just coincidently they don't have the ori Whitening blue & silve pack DARLIE.. well I'm not sure.. and I forgot where is this manufacturer came from.. for your info, this image was taken some time in May 2011. So I wish I can see it again if I go to that place (if I were lucky)..

p/s: look again at the photo the black & white man (logo) with his smile & added thumbs up ☻ #lol

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.